Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ren'py Data Manager

It's a small utility that allows you to back up your save data for Ren'py-based games with ease. Currently only works with Katawa Shoujo, since that's the visual novel I've been playing at the moment ;p But as I get more involved with other VN's and learn how they structure their save files, perhaps I will add support for them as well.

It's really great if you like to play on multiple computers but hate having to restart the game from the beginning. It also features the ability to backup the persistent data (like which extras you've unlocked).

Screenshot:

Ren'py Data Manager screenshot

Download:

Note: Right now the binaries have only been tested on Windows. My Linux system is down at the moment so I have not had the time to test on Linux; however the software is written in C#, which is cross-platform and can be compiled under Linux with mono. The data path is found based on the Windows version of Ren'py though! The data path may be different on a linux system; since I haven't tested it, I don't know what it's supposed to look like. A simple switch(Environment.OSVersion.Platform) should take care of these different cases though.

No comments:

Post a Comment